Welcome to Kemnay Medical Group Website
- SCOTTISH BOWEL SCREENING PROGRAMME
Those of you in the 50 to 74 year old age group will have had the pleasure of receiving a bowel screening kit as part of the Scottish Bowel Screening Programme. This programme has been running for a number of years now and is designed to try and pick up patients with bowel cancers at an early stage.
Currently only about 60% of patients in our area have returned the screening kits. From this 60% we have been successful in picking up a number of patients with bowel cancer at an early stage who have then been able to benefit from earlier treatment giving them a much better chance of a cure. Unfortunately, about 40% have not returned the kits and we know from our figures that within that 40% there will be a number of patients with bowel cancer who are missing out on the chance of being picked up early and treated early. In the early stages of bowel cancer you may well not have any symptoms and by the time it has reached the stage of causing symptoms it may require much more complex and aggressive treatment with consequent risks and side effects. We would therefore encourage all of you who have received these kits to make sure that you complete and return them to the Scottish Bowel Screening Programme so that you can benefit from the opportunity of early diagnosis.
- FLU IMMUNISATION
We would like to thank the many people who have attended for flu immunisation. We have now immunised over 1250 patients. However, there are still many patients who qualify for immunisation and we encourage you to attend. A reminder of the conditions that qualify you for immunisation are:
65 years old or over, have respiratory disease requiring steroids, heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, chronic neurological disease, diabetes, immunosuppressed due to illness or medication, household members of those who are immunosuppressed or pregnant.
Please telephone or ask reception staff for an appointment to have the immunisation carried out. You will be asked to re main in the surgery for at least 10 minutes following vaccination in case you develop a reaction.
IF YOU REALLY DO NOT WANT A FLU IMMUNISATION PLEASE LET RECEPTION KNOW. THIS WILL IN NO WAY AFFECT YOUR FUTURE CARE AND YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR MIND AT ANYTIME.
- SHINGLES IMMUNISATION
This is a new immunisation that is being offered this year to patients aged 70 OR 79 years within specific dates of birth. If you qualify for immunisation you will receive an invitation letter and an information leaflet. Vaccine for this immunisation is in short supply and we are only receiving very small quantaties at any one time. Therefore, the invitation letters are going out in small batches and will continue to do so for the next few months.
We’ve packed our website full of useful information in a very easy to use format with the added benefit of several online functions. If you’re new to the area, have a look at our opening times, download a registration form and come and see us.
Access all Areas
Existing patients can enjoy access to our wide range of services at the touch of a button. Whether managing your appointment or ordering a repeat prescription you can now do both without leaving your home.
Your Health in Safe Hands
The team are here to provide all patients with a professional and caring healthcare experience in friendly and personal surroundings. With discretion and confidentiality guaranteed your welfare is safe, secure and in good hands.
Can We Help You?
Wheelchair access is available at the rear of the building.
A loop system for people with a hearing difficulty is fitted in some areas of the building - do let us know if you want to use it.
Language Line is available to patients who are not fluent in the English language.
Equipment - Over the years we have had numerous donations to the Community Donations Account. This money is used to purchase equipment to help with patient care and sometimes this means that patients do not have to go to hospital as can be treated at home. If you have been given a piece of equipment it is planned that this loan is for a limited period of time eg nebuliser or Omron BP machine. PLEASE RETURN THESE PIECES OF EQUIPMENT TO THE SURGERY AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. We always have patients waiting to use these items and to keep them for a prolonged length of time means that treatment is being delayed for others. Unreturned items will be invoiced to the patient.
Donations - We would like to thank the many people involved in providing the practice with donations towards the cost of equipment for the care of our patients. We would also like to thank the ladies and customers of Kemnay Bargain Box for their generous donation once again this year. Earlier this year we purchased a new ECG machine which stores the reports into the patient record. Although we had some teething troubles with this equipment, we think it's now up and running well. Thank you from all at Kemnay Surgery, your donations are greatly appreciated.
All telephone calls to and from the surgery are recorded and may be used to investigate complaints or legal issues, or for inhouse training purposes.